Welcome To Local 45
Welcome to Local 45's website, we are one of nine Locals that make up the NYC District Council of Carpenters. Local 45 has always been for the members first. We realize without a strong membership base we would not have the respect and accomplishments that we have had over the years. I truly believe our Apprentices are the best in the city. Local 45 started the first apprentice mentoring program and we understand that our apprentices are the ones who will carry this organization into the future.
I would like to say thank you to all of our members who volunteer their time and efforts to make this local the best in New York City. Let us be leaders in the NYCDCC and regain our market share and secure work for our members for the future.
Joseph J. Reilly, President Local 45
Representing Local 45 at the NABTU 2018
OFFICE CLOSED NOVEMBER 21-NOVEMBER 24TH -
REOPEN NOVEMBER 27 AT 7AM
JUST A REMINDER WE MOVED
114 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 3, Floral Park, NY 11001 NEW Telephone #516-216-54232024 - LOCAL 45 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONThis application is only available to High School Seniors who are an eligible dependent of a Local Member or Pensioner. An independent selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the recipients based on community involvement, essay content, and academic achievement and records. You will need to register for an ISTS account (free of charge) to apply. APPLICATION STARTS ON NOVEMBER 15, 2023 ENDS ON JANUARY 31, 2024. To be considered, please
JOIN Local 45's APP with Union Strong
Brothers and Sisters
Please join us in our NEW Local 45 APP with current information and, up to the moment happenings, are ONLY FOR LOCAL 45 members. You can either take a photo and the app will appear on your phone or you can Text 888-406-4140 enter the Code UBC45 and follow the prompts.Please be advised that as of June 13th the following FDNY Certifications G-22 and G-44 have been approved by a federal judge to be a skill. Members may submit these certifications to be placed on their skills with the OWL. Memo attached for reference.
Updated June 2021-Picket Duty STARTS AGAIN TODAY!!!
Check the nycdistrictcouncil.com Website for locations.
Picket Duty will NOW run from July 1 to June 30, -
If you work this year you MUST do Union Activity (Picket Duty).
If you do NOT do Picket Duty it is a $500 Fine.
- Members who were credited with serving Union Activity with the NYCDCC between Jan. 1, 2020 and March 20, 2020 will receive credit for 2021.
- All other members who work 99 or more hours in the jurisdiction of the NYCDCC will need to perform union activity for the NYCDCC by Thursday June 30, 2022.
- Members who have questions can be directed to the Union Activity hotline at 212-366-7810 Monday through Friday between the hours of 2 pm and 4 pm.
- To view upcoming Union Activity options, members need to sign in to the Members Section of the District Council website. Once in the Member Section, look for the Union Activity link, and click on it to view the options.
- If members cannot log in to the Members Section, you can direct them to the Communications Dept. at 212-366-7316.
READ CAREFULLY PLEASE!!
REINSTATMENT POLICY CHANGES EFFECTIVE JAN 1, 2020
As you may be aware, there was a Reinstatement Policy change that went into effect January 1, 2020 regarding Arrears to Suspension Status. Always stay current with your Local dues or you may lose your initiation date. Please see the attached Bulletin from the UBC for more information.
CTC Response to SST Card Requests
TVC Vaccination Verification
Please see attached from the UBC