Welcome To Local 45
Welcome to Local 45's website, we are one of nine Local's that make up the NYC District Council of Carpenters. Local 45 has always been for the members first. We realize without a strong membership base we would not have the respect and accomplishments that we have had over the years. I truly believe our Apprentices are the best within the city. Local 45 started the first apprentice mentoring program and we understand that our apprentices are the ones who will carry this organization into the future.
I would like to say thank you to all of our members who volunteer their time and efforts to make this local the best in the New York City. Let us be leaders in the NYCDCC and regain our market share and secure work for our members for the future.
President Local 45
Representing Local 45 at the NABTU 2018
Dear Brothers and Sisters
Due to our current situation WE have REOPENED our office at 214-38 Hillside Avenue, Queens Village on June 1, 2020 with the following changes:
OFFICE HOURS 7:00 A.M - 3:00 P.M.
LUNCH 12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.
MASKS are A MUST to Enter the Office
We want to keep you safe as well as our employees please adhere to these new mandatory rules. Please stay safe and we hope to see you all soon.
President Local 45
Picket Duty STARTS AGAIN TODAY!!!
Check on the nycdistrictcouncil.com Website for locations. Picket Duty will run from June 10, 2021 UNTIL June 30, 2022 - If you work this year you MUST do Picket Duty
If you do NOT do Picket Duty it is a $500 Fine.
- Members who were credited with serving Union Activity with the NYCDCC between Jan. 1, 2020 and March 20, 2020 will receive credit for 2021.
- All other members who work 99 or more hours in the jurisdiction of the NYCDCC will need to perform union activity for the NYCDCC by Thursday June 30, 2022.
- Members who have questions can be directed to the Union Activity hotline at 212-366-7810 Monday through Friday between the hours of 2 pm and 4 pm.
- To view upcoming Union Activity options, members need to sign in to the Members Section of the District Council website. Once in the Member Section, look for the Union Activity link, and click on it to view the options.
- If members cannot log in to the Members Section, you can direct them to the Communications Dept. at 212-366-7316.
CANCELLED APPRENTICE MEETINGS
We hope you are all safe and healthy as we continue in the state we currently are in with COVID19. At this time Local 45 will NOT have Apprentice Meetings. BUT this WILL CHANGE Information to Follow. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 5:00pm at the American Legion Post, 51 Valley Stream, NY. We will follow state guidelines please wear masks and stay 6 feet apart. Due to the current circumstates life as we know it is unsure please continue to stay safe follow guidelines. See you soon.
Mike Rodin, President Local 45
CTC Response to SST Card Requests
REINSTATMENT POLICY CHANGES EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2020
As you may be aware, there was a Reinstatement Policy change that went into effect January 1, 2020 regarding Arrears to Suspension Status. Always stay current with your Local dues or you may lose your initiation date. Please see attached Bulletin from the UBC for more information.
JOIN Local 45 APP
Brothers and Sisters
Please join us in our NEW APP with current information and at the moment happenings ONLY FOR LOCAL 45. You can either take a photo and the app will appear on your phone or you can Text 888-406-4140 enter the Code UBC45 and follow the prompts.
Join Us for Fishing July 18, 2021