Welcome To Local 45
Welcome to Local 45's website, we are one of nine Local's that make up the NYC District Council of Carpenters. Local 45 has always been for the members first. We realize without a strong membership base we would not have the respect and accomplishments that we have had over the years. I truly believe our Apprentices are the best within the city. Local 45 started the first apprentice mentoring program and we understand that our apprentices are the ones who will carry this organization into the future.
I would like to say thank you to all of our members who volunteer their time and efforts to make this local the best in the New York City. Let us be leaders in the NYCDCC and regain our market share and secure work for our members for the future.
Joseph J. Reilly
President Local 45BEGINS NOVEMBER 15, 2022 ENDS JANUARY 31, 2023Local 45 Scholarship Application Coversheet click:/docs/Scholarship%20Application%20Coversheet%202022.pdf
This scholarship is available to High School Seniors who are an unmarried dependent child of an eligible employee or pensioner covered by the Plan, living or deceased. The child of a pensioner or deceased employee will be considered eligible if the pensioner or deceased employee had met the requirements for an active employee at the time he died or retired, and the child was at least 12 years of age when the pensioner retired, or the employee died.
An independent selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the recipients Follow this link to set-up an account and apply online. Please contact Local 45 at (516) 216-5423 for further information or with any questions.
Representing Local 45 at the NABTU 2018
JOIN Local 45 APP
Brothers and Sisters
Please join us in our NEW APP with current information and at the moment happenings ONLY FOR LOCAL 45. You can either take a photo and the app will appear on your phone or you can Text 888-406-4140 enter the Code UBC45 and follow the prompts.
Picket Duty STARTS AGAIN TODAY!!!
Check on the nycdistrictcouncil.com Website for locations. Picket Duty will run from July 1, 2021 UNTIL June 30, 2022 - If you work this year you MUST do Picket Duty
If you do NOT do Picket Duty it is a $500 Fine.
- Members who were credited with serving Union Activity with the NYCDCC between Jan. 1, 2020 and March 20, 2020 will receive credit for 2021.
- All other members who work 99 or more hours in the jurisdiction of the NYCDCC will need to perform union activity for the NYCDCC by Thursday June 30, 2022.
- Members who have questions can be directed to the Union Activity hotline at 212-366-7810 Monday through Friday between the hours of 2 pm and 4 pm.
- To view upcoming Union Activity options, members need to sign in to the Members Section of the District Council website. Once in the Member Section, look for the Union Activity link, and click on it to view the options.
- If members cannot log in to the Members Section, you can direct them to the Communications Dept. at 212-366-7316.
READ CAREFULLY PLEASE!!
REINSTATMENT POLICY CHANGES EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2020
As you may be aware, there was a Reinstatement Policy change that went into effect January 1, 2020 regarding Arrears to Suspension Status. Always stay current with your Local dues or you may lose your initiation date. Please see attached Bulletin from the UBC for more information.
CTC Response to SST Card Requests
TVC Vaccination Verification
Please see attached from the UBC